Sunday, July 3, 2022

What I ate in June 2022

 As promised to myself, here are most of the things I’ve eaten in June. 

It’s been my birthday month and the butterfly cakes you will see are made by my son, so light as a feather - I had one a day for three days! 

Mostly on track. A few days of hit and miss. I restarted my SW official progress as a tool to help me forge ahead with shifting this flab. 

My reasoning was if I had to re lose stupid pointless pounds to get where I was…I might not! It’s drawing that line that I have been scathing of a little in the past. 


I have a new mantra for any lapses, not relapses. See a previous post. 

There’s time for the day to get better. I have used this and it worked. Another way for me to stop that I’ve had a biscuit I might as well have the packet, and then a large unhealthy meal. Even if your last packet of crisps was 10pm 

There’s still time for the day to get better- have a large glass of water and go to bed! Instead of then having chocolate at 10.10pm ! Honestly, it’s a wonder I ever get anything done with this inner voice going on and on and on! 


I am still fasting and still believe it’s this that has helped in the gain and gain some more usual habit of my past 40 years of dieting. I have definitely stopped the immediate self loathing. It’s now a so what?  I tell you, if I think of this it deeply saddens me that that is my life. So we go on! 

As part of my role in the Pastoral Team at work, we had a well being celebration as part of our peer support group. In my line of work this is definitely needed. And we did some forest bathing stuff. In a teeny tiny public wood led by a wonderful human being who made me feel reenergised and enough. It’s true that at this moment in time, every form of human being on the planet seems to be recognised and accepted, yet never ever truly embraced across all walks of life are those who are larger. Why is this??? I don’t know if you ever watched a TV programme where a beautiful girl who I think is great, Scarlett Moffatt who came to fame via Gogglebox. Well they took their semi detached house and went to live with an African tribe. There was a scene that was powerful where she was invited to join in the village ceremony for coming of age for the girls I think it was. The just was the tribal women wear necklaces and a maybe a sarong to hide their nether regions but are bare naked elsewhere. I half understood her reasoning as she is on tv etc but the main reason was because of her self loathing and disgust - but the genuine love and admiration and messages from the tribal women about how her body and her shape was the desired one in their world and how she should never be ashamed had me in tears. Gosh I’m going off on a tangent here. 

So some stats to keep me going! 

Wearing smaller knickers and bra again. 

Definitely more comfortable moving about.

If I’ve lost this week I’ll get my stone award for this attempt! If I was talking in old money, ie. the SW card before this one it would have been my 2.5stone award. But I’m in new numbers for this time around and the next new number bracket, although a way off, means that some of the smaller clothes stashed in my wardrobe will finally fit again. 


Not every day’s food but a snapshot of what’s going in!! 




The baked cheese and honey crisps - YUMMY - but not buying them again! Dangerous!! 



Lots of love for now.
Today can still get better xx


2 comments:

  1. Time for the day to get better.....that's a great way of looking at it. Well, for anything really, not just stuffing-your-face related! Those crisps sound scrumptious - if I buy any I'll blame you! teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very wise words there, thank you. Self-acceptance can be such a hard thing. xx

    ReplyDelete

Trying to be less fat, but with Covid

 For me - I failed to have the will power to do this!  Also I have two fonts on the go. This is Quicksand.  Also I have two fonts on the go....