Sunday, February 27, 2022

Saturday's story told Sunday morning!

 I was going to post yesterday's doings but fell asleep. So I am up early - it's a BEEEEEUUUUUTIFUL morning, almost....alllllmost....wrap up in a coat and have that first cup of tea with the birds but there's a sneaky chill in the wind that had me scuttling back inside but it's aaaaalllllllmost light enough to see where I need to pick up the dog without the garden light on! 
STATS
HexA - milk in coffee
HexB - 2 tblspn chia seeds - I never thought Id like them but I do! 
HS - 2 Saturday is trraditionally an eat what you want, snacks galore, all the good stuff from the big shop kinda day. So I scored 2 not for actual real hunger but for that craving at the back of my mind. I have listened to two really good you tube gurus who claim to help with this and SW online have a great article called 
Identify your craving culprits

They say know your enemy, and it’s certainly true when it comes to slimming! When you learn to recognise your triggers, it’ll do wonders for your weight loss so with that in mind I had a chocolate out of my son's xmas tub left over and savoured it. 

SYNS - 12 ! 

2.5  Crunchie bits from Cadbury's Heroes tub , 4 greek yogurt, 3 for Stokes Mayo, 2 heinz salad cream

The Syns sound high but I am not worried, because they are the SW tool that allows you to eat normally within reasons with the ability to lose weight. I could have reduced the syns by using fat free quark or yogurt and lighter versions of the mayo/salad cream and actually quark is a really good carrier of flavour and I used to use quark and full fat mayo combination in 2017-2018 and I may again. But using the syns in this way allows the F8 to come through ( though technically speaking the salad cream would be off limits due to it's sugar content )


Anyway here is how I used those syns in the day

Got up and fasted much longer than planned which is why I probably needed that chocolate the way I did. We went out in the morning after the butcher had been. We didn't get home til gone 2pm I immediately made something to eat. 

I chopped 5 boiled eggs, added greek yog, mayo, salad cream, little English mustard powder and celery salt to make a really luxurious egg mayo mix and I used a half of it piled into some really good celery sticks I have. It was so good and celery is speed. The full fat products really do keep me satiated and really do quell my 'deprived' emotional eating brain messages! 



Tea was a little bit later than I like but the late lunch drove this. 

I had lots of the rice from the Piri piri chicken meal on Thursday night. I've a portion in the freezer too! So I had bought some really beautiful big peppers and cut one in half. I mixed the cold rice with the leftover half tin of cherry tomatoes I had and added some onion granules and my favourite cajun seasoning. I spooned the rice into the pepper halves and baked it all in the oven for a good half hour. I served it with some leaves and pickled red cabbage which is speed on SW and again a bit sugary for F8  - also rice is limited on their but mine is slightly more nutritious and wholesome brown basmati rice which is why I am combining the two regimes. 



It was a delicious and filling vegetarian meal that had me full. I enjoyed some delicious defrosted strawberries with a bit of yogurt for pudding. 



Today is roast beef dinner day and I'm making the crustless quiche shortly now I have all the ingredients. That will be today's lunch and tomorrow's etc! 


TTBLF - successful day done




1 comment:

  1. Well done.
    I've never had chia seeds. What are they like, please?
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Trying to be less fat, but with Covid

 For me - I failed to have the will power to do this!  Also I have two fonts on the go. This is Quicksand.  Also I have two fonts on the go....