Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Daily blogging seems beyond me

  Last night ( Monday ) I got in from work about 5.45pm, sat and cuddled the dog, got my book, slimmer of the week basket gift ( I've taken to always now putting in stock cubes as they are useful SW FREE food and easy for me to remember ) and went to class with my friend. As a few people have said on their blog's, I'm sat here with the news on feeling a bit odd about blogging my daily life when the Russian leader seems hell bent on starting WW3. But here I am, providing a bit of escapism for myself and for anyone else who is here with me. I also need to record Saturday and Sunday here.

So weigh in was last night and can report to be lighter by 5.5lb. It meant that I finally got my shiny sticker and certificate for 1 and 1/2 stone award which has taken me since 24th November. Not that it was ever meant to be a race. I lost one stone 5lbs by the weigh in on Christmas Eve so in reality that means it's taken me 8 weeks to lose 2lbs! However the real life that got in the way was

1. Myself choosing to stray into the high calorie over eating waters - all my own doing. I've been up and down losing and gaining the same Christmas 4 ish lbs between then and now really - which will be absolutely fine once back at target and will be my endeavour to carry this on forever.

2. Christmas - I'd made that conscious effort to go to SW before Christmas to get a bit of weight off - in the bank so to speak - to combat the annual inevitable weight gain - which in 2017 I actually stuck rigidly to plan and lost when I was on it well. Anyhoo that's what I did.

3. The Covid - got me, meaning another perfectly valid excuse to eat what I liked really. Although I was absolutely fixed on going back to class. I wasn't able to and was very very ill with it

4. The Hen Weekend and half term - I damage limitationed ( I know that's not a word ) the Hen Weekend and enjoyed Afternoon Tea in Half term with my friend meaning I could really really reset from the next day - or draw that famous line I was dismissing in a previous post when I must have been mardy! I think though I associate the line or MY line with an all out fallout and all out binge marathon. 

5. A few days on and off due to laziness really 

BUT weigh in last night was the one that is really my New Year starter and finally I am in new lower numbers as SW put it when you drop into a new Stone bracket. I'm no longer thinking of that - I'm thinking ahead to next Monday now and I'd like to be closer to the next new numbers! I have a mini target as they say at SW. I am invited to the wedding of the Hen do girl on April 3rd. I've a month to try and get into those lower numbers - if I do, I do, If not then I'm hoping to look a lot less lumpy in my posh frock than I do now! 

So just having to pause here a second as the dog is crying at me for her breakfast - she can tell the time and she knows it's slightly past 7am! BRB!

Ok, She's tucking into her trout and salmon biscuits topped with seaweed ( for speed hahah ) and I'm back on the sofa! 

So Saturday

I ended up fasting past my planned window due to visiting and being out and about but what I had was 

 the egg mayo and stuffed pepper that I just remembered I'd already posted .

Sunday
I again fasted a little longer than planned but earlier than Saturday I had my lunch of 
leftover egg mayo with carrot sticks and celery sticks as I made a crustless quiche guided by my friend who makes the best ones ever. Mine have always been tasty but been a little watery. Anyway I now know why! The two main differences being I always have bought extra large eggs and she said to use medium and I think I took it out the oven too soon. I wasn't going to have the quiche as it would have been too late because I was making a roast beef dinner for Sunday dinner! 
My Quiche totalled 10.5 syns which = rounded up 3 syns per 1/4 quiche

 Ingredients for the quiche  - I use full fat on purpose - easily converted to FREE on SW, just use fat free and ensure you use enough cheese over the whole quiche to equal a full portion of HEX a but that means you have to eat the full quiche! of course in that case I'd make a smaller individual quiche or you have to portion it up and use the correct amount of cheese.

4 x bacon medallions all fat removed           - Protein and Free
8 x mushrooms  field and button mixed       - Speed
2 x spring onions,1/2 red onion, 1 shallot     - Speed
6 x free range MEDIUM eggs                       - Protein and free
1 x 300g M&S Natural Cottage cheese         - 4.5 Syns
2 x mini babybel full fat cheeses                   - 6 syns
Seasoning                                                       -  free
tomato sliced for garnish                                - speed

Method


1. Dry fry bacon, mushrooms and onions until all moisture gone and bacon on the turn to crispy.
2. Mix Full tub cottage cheese with 6 beaten medium eggs, 1 grated babybel and seasoning, leave to stand
3. Slice a tomato and a mushroom for the topping. Grate 1 babybel for the topping
4, Cool off the bacon mix
5. Combine the bacon mix, with the egg mix and pour into a ovenproof dish, arrange toppings and grated babybel on top
6. Bake until firm. 

The verdict? Absolutely beautiful. 

Sunday lunch post quiche make and then a delicious Sunday roast beef. I chose not to have potatoes and I did make amazing yorkshires. I deliberately made one with much less aft in the tin, but once cooked and the tin was turned - I couldnt tell which was which so I didn't have a full one - I just had a little piece of one! 

So Monday was back to normal and I fasted until lunchtime. I then enjoyed a quarter of my quiche cold with leaves, pickled beetroot and pickled red cabbage. Tea after class was not pretty haha but was leftovers beef, two pinched oven chips off the HG plate and some extra tinned marrowfat peas. Yum. 
I also enjoyed a treat of some special sourdough bread that I'd bought because it's supposed to be better for you than ordinary. Anyway I wrongly assumed that it would be a HEXb and had a shock when I checked the syns. 6 syns a slice ( which, to be fair, is what HEXb choice is generally worth. Anyway to prevent any further damage and to protect my weight loss - I shoved it in the freezer. I will have a slice every Monday night if the scales show a loss!!!


It is super super super delicious! 
Right that's enough for now! 

TTBLF - One quiche at a time hahaha



                                        






2 comments:

  1. LOL - when it's not daily, we get the treat of a longer post!
    The quiche looks amazing! Nom nom!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your continued posting during these awful times and well done on the weight loss. I've completely fallen off the wagon but aim to start again on Monday after a weekend away with my old friends from university. I need to get a grip!!
    Keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete

Trying to be less fat, but with Covid

 For me - I failed to have the will power to do this!  Also I have two fonts on the go. This is Quicksand.  Also I have two fonts on the go....