Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Another day, another quiche!

 Morning all! 

Well Monday was the taster party night as two lovely members are leaving to move out of the area. 

I hopped on and off the scales and dare not peep! Yes it wasn’t a loss but I’m so glad I went because it was nowhere. Eat as bad as I thought! 

Efforts renewed! Also with Mr 24 with his new job means I’m walking Bluebs at lunchtime so less time to be in the danger zone ( the kitchen ) and more steps but my watch needs charging so I’ve no idea how many steps I’m getting in! 

So yesterday I had a jacket potato with cheese and some beans that were open in the fridge - when you are being as sugar free as the F8 part of my plan, you can really taste how sweet baked beans are. I thoroughly enjoyed them and that’s why I’m loving the SW part of my plan. 

So the quiche that’s good n the oven right now is 

Onion, leek, ham & mushroom with a smattering of tomato and flame roasted red pepper. 

Just about to go in the oven. 


Here’s how…

I used 7 sprays of olive oil at 2 cals per spray according to the bottle. I slowly fried a sliced onion then when that was on its way, I added a thinly sliced leek. 


Once this was on its way I added 4 large mushrooms sliced, cooked them down, so next was added a few slices of wafted thin ham that I’d ribboned. I seasoned it with some season all and some onion granules. I then added the chopped bits of the tomatoes not used for garnish and the chopped bits of the flame grilled pepper from a jar I decided to put in. 
I then let it cool slightly. 

I used 3/4 of a tub of my favourite Longley farm cottage cheese with 5 medium eggs. I stick blended them together with some more onion granules and some black pepper. It goes to a double cream thickness and texture. I grated 120g of mature cheddar meaning if I eat 1/4 of the quiche a day, it’s a full half a healthy extra A. I mixed half of the cheese in with the egg mix.


 I dried off some tomato and pepper for garnish. Put the onion mix in my dish, stirred through the egg mix, garnished as per photo above and baked in the oven for about half an hour until now! It’s well browned and firm. Probably a tad browner than I planned ( but that’s where blogging gets you!!! ) - it will still be delicious and will slice up lovely! 

I am really looking forward to my lunch today! 
Hope your Wednesday goes well. I am trying to rein it in before I go to a wedding on Sunday with a stay over and a luxury breakfast included in the swanky hotel I’m paying ££££££££ to stay in! 

TTBLF one caramelised quiche at a time!!! 


2 comments:

  1. Snap! I made a couple of quiches this morning. Individual ones, one for lunch today and one for either fridge or, most likely, freezer. I love a crustless quiche.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve frozen two quarter pieces Joy then I’ve no excuse for dodging a good choice meal x

    ReplyDelete

Trying to be less fat, but with Covid

 For me - I failed to have the will power to do this!  Also I have two fonts on the go. This is Quicksand.  Also I have two fonts on the go....