Saturday, March 12, 2022

Saturday catch up

 Well, here watching the rugby ( Oh dear - England player given a red card ) after having a stock take and clean of my many herbs and spices. 




They've all had a good clean -  they were slightly revolting! 

I've an online shopping delivery booked for tomorrow morning so have ordered some herbs I was low on but I definitely think I've got Cumin in all forms covered!



Meals since the last post have very much been on my F8SW plan and apart from some ( 3 small ) home made dumplings on my stew which was oh so good last night, I think I've been within my daily syn count pretty comfortably. I didn't go to class on Monday so I have no idea yet what the scales will say as I may have gone up a bit before coming back down! My next certificate is the 2 stone so fingers crossed I'm a bit closer. 

I made the SW book recipe creamy paprika pork and it was absolutely delicious. I made 4 portions and froze 2 portions without the yogurt - I couldn't get the creme fraiche it called for. 




Plenty of speed! Cauli rice, sprouts and green beans - on a small plate! 

I have had cottage cheese salads. Pics not great

One with ham one day, one without the next - mainly because I'd no ham left hahaha.


 I am still loving pickled red cabbage and beetroot on things! I made a oh my goodness it were good beef stew on Friday.



 I am convinced the secret is in using the Pott's stock. Sadly my local Sainsrobbers has stopped selling it but I managed to get one tin of the beef stock for a pound. Checked on the SW online and it's syn free so that's good! The HG had lots of dumplings, new potatoes and lovely crusty bread with his. I had cabbage and leeks and my pickled reds ans 3 ickle dumplings - I seem to have got really good at making those lately too! 

I'm going in the kitchen in a minute to put all the herbs n things back and make a tuna and sweetcorn flan aka crustless quiche. I've fancied it for a few days now and will have it warm with salad. Whilst I do have cravings to eat crisps etc because it's Saturday, I feel close enough to Monday's weigh in to want success! So I am resisting! 


TTBLF - Reeeeeally trying!! xx

1 comment:

  1. I sincerely hope cumin was NOT on the shopping list this weekend. You'll have to do a cumin challenge. Cumin on toast, in porridge, cumin pancakes, cumin salad . . .

    The meals all look amazing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Trying to be less fat, but with Covid

 For me - I failed to have the will power to do this!  Also I have two fonts on the go. This is Quicksand.  Also I have two fonts on the go....