Monday, March 14, 2022

Tuna flan post

 It’s Monday morning and it’s weigh in tonight. I’ve just written my main blog and am here now to share my recipe for this flan. I hope it’s good! It looks so good! It’s a bit deeper than I should have done because I couldn’t find my smaller flan dish but that’s ok. I’ve been so looking forward to it! I will try it with some salad for lunch today. 

SW wise mine will have a few syns per portion but it’s easily rectified by using fat free options


So here’s the details. 
Ingredients 
3 banana shallots fried in a spray of olive oil ( 1 syn per spray )
1 tin tuna ( protein and free )
1/2 big tin sweetcorn ( free )
1/2 tub full fat cottage cheese ( 4 syns ) 
4 medium eggs whisked 
6  laughing cow lightest triangles ( Hex A ) 
30g strong cheddar ( Hex A ) 
Salt & white pepper

Method 
1. Fry the finely sliced shallot in a spray of olive oil. Pat dry on kitchen roll and let cool
2. Mix tin tuna with some sweetcorn ( if using frozen, I’d let it defrost and pat well dry with kitchen roll - I used tinned, drained well and patted dry ).
3. Add the cooled shallot and mix with tuna/sweetcorn
4. In a jug, blend 1/2 tub cottage cheese, 4 medium eggs and 6 cheese triangles until creamy. Season with salt and pepper. 
5. Mix everything together well with 1/2 of the grated cheddar. 
6. Into an oven proof dish, too with the rest of the grated cheese and tomato slices and bake in a medium oven until we’ll done and firm with no wobbles. I’ve probably over done mine a bit because it was a deep dish. 

So 
In SW theory I could eat the whole lot in one go. for 5 syns. 
As there’s 2 allowable portions of HEXA and the rest is free food. However 
Half of it would be two eggs and 1 Hex A choice which is how I will eat it. I might have it in 1/4s throughout the day but it’s for lunch Monday Tuesday. It fulfils F8 because I used full fat cheeses and real olive oil. 

Saturday night  tea was a lovely large fruit salad with some slightly out of date yogurts to use up! It was a whopping 10 syn dish BUT I’m sure it was far better for me to spend 10 syns ( out of the allowable 15 limit ) on this than on delicious chocolate and crisps!!! 


It was some frozen then defrosted strawberries, some tinned mandarins in fruit juice, a chopped apple, 10g ( 3 ) chopped dates, 2 tablespoons chia seeds ( 1 HEXb ), full fat Greek yogurt and a pot of peach/apricot Greek yogurt and a pot of raspberry keffir yoghurt out of date for all but still fine and delicious. It was filling and satisfying and because it was sweet and lush, I didn’t crave Saturday night snacks. 

Sunday 
I was so cross that when my shop arrived that the eggs arrived with the same date as delivery ( refund requested in protest ) so after I’d used some in the quiche, I hard boiled the rest for the HG butties and my salad. 
I had lettuce, spring onion, tomatoes, carrot ribbons, eggs with celery salt ( from my tidy sorted herb rack! ) and some cold sweetcorn! 




My Sunday roast consisted of 
Roast chicken ( protein and free )
Extra special stuffing ( 2 syns )
Cabbage ( speed )
Carrots ( speed )
Carrot, swede and parsnip mash ( free & speed )
Broad beans
Turnip tips ( quite bitter )
Butter ( 2 syns )
Gravy ( 2 syns )
The stuffing is gorgeous - it’s a Sainsrobbers one. 


I used a teaspoon butter making it and put butter through  the cabbage for us all but as SW say to protect my weight loss, I synned it. 
Was too full for pudding. 
I’ve successfully fasted for last few days from about 7.30pm at night to 12noon the next day and I’ve really not snacked between meals. Even though it’s hard at first it does help me feel more energised. The urges are there all the time though to go and eat all the things. 

Back soon. 

TTBLF one quiche at a time!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trying to be less fat, but with Covid

 For me - I failed to have the will power to do this!  Also I have two fonts on the go. This is Quicksand.  Also I have two fonts on the go....