Saturday, March 5, 2022

Saturday Sigh a day!

 Blimey it’s been a busy mad few days 

Have photographed a few meals etc with the full intention of blogging but I have been fast asleep by 8.30 on the couch every night. Pretty sure it’s covid related. 

Anyway am here now. Monday night’s weigh in will not be straightforward as I’ve to be at work until 7- 7.30 ish 

Anyway have messaged the leader ( I couldn’t go this morning as the SW week runs Sat to Sat )

And I feel strongly that if I kiss a week then I’m likely to stray into chocolate infested waters! As it is I had toast and jam for tea last night. Ridiculous of me when there was a fridge full of lovely healthy stuff. 

I’m current day 45 of my cycle and I’ve got all the way to day 49 before flipping lady week arrived so am waiting with baited breath. 

Recording it here because being menopausal ( hopefully nearer the end than the beginning ) for the first time in my life I’ve experienced some sort of pmt symptoms and on a separate dedicated period app I’ve noted the days running up to starting my period I’ve consumed and literally hunted out sugar in any way shape or form. 

Anyway 

Strange and genuine. 

So meals since I last posted have been from my batch cook stock from the freezer,  I’ve made soup with yellow sticker veg and enjoyed the rest of my quiche and I can’t recall the rest!! Will go look at pics! 


Tuesday lunch - quiche, pickled cabbage & beet



Tuesday tea - prawn salad 

Pudding was a pancake - I think I was sailing close the the Wind if not beyond synwise Tuesday. 


Wednesday
I decided to have overnight oats for my pudding after tea so I made it in my little trifle dish. 
I used 30g alpen dust and 10g weetabix dust from the bottom of the packets! Frozen raspberries and frozen blueberries and plain Greek yogurt. 
Soup to go with. 
So pretty 
Soup portion 
Repeated lunch! 
Popped this in a pan plus a chicken stock cube and water! Boiled and zizzed! 
Thursday was Cajun chicken from the freezer and leaves. 

So Thursday night I had some supernoodles from the cupboard with a chopped up frozen chicken burger thing from the freezer and some frozen mixed veg. Not the best tea and actually I felt off it afterwards with the HG reminding me last time I had supernoodles I felt badly - I wonder if it’s the wheat? 
Yesterday I had some corn thins and cottage cheese for lunch and for tea was jam on toast and a raspberry keffir yogurt. Too many synned things. Like a week of two halves. 
Today I’ve snaffles a couple pieces of well grilled bacon whilst making the menfolks a bacon butty. 
Showered and off out visiting now. Including an 8year Old’s birthday party!! I’ve some soup or some campfire stew that I will have for my tea and then whichever I don’t have will need eating for tomorrow lunch. 
Braising steak which is nice and lean. And plenty of speedy veg is planned for Sunday tea. I will try and keep syns to a
Minimum next week and use them solely on my Greek yogurt and wholesome food rather than processed - that makes me sound like a food snob and I’m a bit ashamed as there’s some people in this world who only have access to such things - food banks etc request such things. Sigh 
It’s a big old Saturday sigh. 








1 comment:

  1. Sometimes Real Life just won't play ball with Slimming World life. Really, it should know a lot better!

    I know what you mean about the guilty feeling. I just try to be very grateful and non-critical.
    Good luck with the coming week - may it go really well!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Trying to be less fat, but with Covid

 For me - I failed to have the will power to do this!  Also I have two fonts on the go. This is Quicksand.  Also I have two fonts on the go....