Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Weigh in news

 So I went to class and in the two weeks since I’d been ( I missed last Monday due to a later evening at work ), the scales said that 5lbs had vanished! Could

It be down to the fact I cut all my hair off? Wonder how much it weighed hahaha. I also got my Club 10 award and a shiny sticker!  I arrived a little early and saw one of the girls from my 2017/2018 stint so it was lovely to have a catch up. 

I also found out some FASCINATING info and news from the leader that’s not mine to share! But I was agog! 

In our Monday 6.30pm group, we have a married couple who are drug rehab counsellors and programme workers and I heard something that I found really useful. Apart from the parallels betwixt drug addicts and food addicts- if you feel the urge to binge, make yourself a list of jobs that will take approx 15 minutes as the adrenaline and cortisol the brain releases in preparation for a binge/hit will dissipate in about 15 minutes. It’s no good trying to write them in this moment. It’s a pre planned strategy - dieters have them too - drink water, paint nails etc it’s all delaying tactics 

But the one thing that stuck in my brain was the language that you use when you give in to the urges and then begin the negative cycle of eat crap, feel bad, eat  more crap to feel better, feel even worse, gain weight, feel fat and bad, comfort eat etc etc etc 

Do not think of these times as a relapse - because that then allows you the path of eating all the things for the rest of the day week. It validates your self sabotage. 

Instead allow yourself the fact you’ve had a lapse - a teeny pause in your quest for healthy and a better life - this will enable you to re begin the health eating at the next meal. Obviously numerous together  lapses will mean something else needs addressing for you. And could = a relapse. 

They actually said the most successful recoveries include a few lapses- because without them, you can’t really heal. 

I just found it interesting and had never really seen that slant to it. 

Anyway I have to report that my tuna/sweetcorn flan/quiche - fliche- ha ha - was 

A maze ing darling. 

I had half with salad after class last night and the other half with beetroot for speed at lunch today ( my lunchtimes are temporarily 1.1.15ish - 2.15ish ) so I’d had a coffee and tangerine about 12 breaking my fast and putting me on. 

So when it came to tea time I noticed I actually wasn’t hungry. So have just had some berries, yogurt and chia seeds for supper. 

 TTBLF 5lbs closer

2 comments:

  1. Oooh - SW related news? Is it good?
    What a totally brilliant loss for you - well done and congratulations on getting the Club 10 award.
    Also thank you for the info on 'lapses'. It really resonates with me and I need to apply that strategy personally.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, that's a brilliant loss!
    I had bad news today as my blood results showed that my cholesterol level has gone from very good, to bad, and above where it was years ago when I weighed at least 5 stones more. It's the kick I needed. I've been focusing on the outside and the number on the scales but had ignored the damage I was doing to the inside by bingeing on crap over the last 2 years. Thank you for the information from the drug counsellors. I will take it on board. Today has been a good day. On plan, slightly under calories and no desire to binge. May we both have many more good days.

    ReplyDelete

Trying to be less fat, but with Covid

 For me - I failed to have the will power to do this!  Also I have two fonts on the go. This is Quicksand.  Also I have two fonts on the go....