Friday, February 18, 2022

Friday egg wrap day

 Today I boiled the quail eggs I bought. They are are a right swine to peel but I loves them. Such a treat! 

Meal 1 when I broke my fast at 12 noon was a tuna wrap n a bed of leaves and the leftover fruit from yesterday before it went off. It’s been a stormy day here and it was the last day of half term for me so I had time to create. 

The wrap is made by whisking two whole eggs with salt, pepper and a few onion granules and dry frying it slow over a low heat. It’s a bit rubbery but perfect wrap texture and much better for me than the wheat wraps in the shops. 

I mixed a tin of tuna with three chopped spring onions, a bit of chopped cucumber, a chopped up red roasted pepper from a jar, a tablespn of stokes real mayonnaise and a tablespoon of full fat Greek yogurt. I added two tspns of apple cider vinegar to cut through the fat and to add flavour. It was so tasty. I was a very greedy mare and ate the lot! I put it on the wrap and added three of the quails eggs! It was so tasty. Photos out of synch. No pic of meal 2 which was identical to yesterday - campfire stew with veg. 

No stats - need to look up the syns of the Greek yog and mayo but feel sure it’ll prob be about 6 in total for both if that. Bluebell had a quails egg on the shell - interesting lawn harvest there tomorrow!!! 

The wind has died down and it’s 9.24pm. The HG is watching telly thru his eyelids and my bed is calling me! I’m hoping come weigh in on Monday night any hen do weight and afternoon tea weight gain will have been damage limitated and I’ll be back where I was! Any off will be a bonus. If it’s on then it’s on and I will carry on eating this way as I feel great! 




 Tomorrow will be campfire stew n veg again and veggie soup with cheese in. Well, that’s the plan. Bit of sad news tonight that I’m not going into on here has sent the emotional eating thoughts into freefall. So far I’ve not let it overwhelm. 

TTBLF x

1 comment:

  1. I love an egg wrap.
    I have a recipe for a wrap/pancake made with lentils that I'm going to try soon. It sounds different.
    (((hugs)))
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Trying to be less fat, but with Covid

 For me - I failed to have the will power to do this!  Also I have two fonts on the go. This is Quicksand.  Also I have two fonts on the go....