Thursday, February 24, 2022

How is it Thursday already ?

 So it's been a few days since I updated. It might be a bit rambly. 

Monday evening brought weigh in at class

I was expecting a gain of about 4lbs.  The scales said 2lbs on. 

I am not saying things like 'I got away with it etc' I actually thing I possible could have had a bigger gain but because I returned mostly to my plan, I already re lost some of it. After my Sunday of delicious food something happened that I've worked very hard on and that was I turned off that inner voice of self hatred and diabolical self abusive talk which meant on Monday morning I was perfectly happy to fast until lunchtime without raging so hard over the inevitable sugar cravings. 

A lot of people are all about drawing the line etc and I have decided I'm now overly fond of that because it implies it didn't happen ! I think sometimes that is giving 'permission' as such to have a binge. It is a good way though for re starting. Never give up trying as that IS a good way of thinking.  Someone asked me if the routine of being at work helps me to stay on track as such and my honest answer is not really either way, in fact right now in my current role it makes it trickier. Planning is key, especially when I'm short of time. Planning takes effort. It's the effort that's hard! 

Monday night's class was the special taster night and this particular group go ALL OUT! It really is a feast! Also a little bit funny as most people bring out the slow cookers!! I took an all in one dish that I invented but didn't enter in to the competition. 

I made it in the slow cooker as I was at work but it is better in the oven. It's like a baked chicken risotto but I made it with turkey breast and pearl barley. I grated carrot, added chopped baby leeks and shallot, stock and seasoning. It was tasty but not as good as it usually is which is why I didn't enter. Also it does look like something a cat might barf up! 



The dish that won was a meatballs in basil and tomato sauce. It was good.  The other dishes from memory included

sweet n sour chicken and rice - yum

gin pasta - yum

beef tagine - not a fan as it had lots of olives in it and the taste wasn't for me

a minced beef curry - because it was in the slow cooker it was too mushy in texture so a no from me

A take on Nando's chicken - now never having ever been to Nando's I am not sure what their chicken tastes like to compare but this dish was rather tasty

cheese and mushroom risotto - lovely

pork and cabbage stew - lovely

spicy chicken soup - lovely

my friend took her crustless quiche - she makes it so much nicer than mine - mine always has a watery residue in the dish - hers is firm and lovely - she reckons on 6 medium eggs where I always buy large or extra large so it's maybe that? Anyway her quiche was beautiful as always - I am going to make one this weekend. 

salt and pepper chips - delicious

crusty coated roast potatoes - delicious

A lentil and mushroom cottage pie and that was delicious. I will make that. 

There were salads, syn free hummus dips made with beetroot ( YAK ) and red pepper ( YUM ) and salads and fresh fruit platters!!!! 

There was so much food they had to bring another table out! I'd told my friend about how good they were and she quipped just to think at our group ( in 2017-2018 ) people brought tomatoes on sticks!!!! ( Not that there's anything wrong with that hahahah )


So I've successfully been fasting until lunch and eating well. Poached eggs with tenderstem broccoli, boiled eggs with SW sausages as soldiers. SW  bolognaise that I've had with traditional spaghetti and last night I made a sort of pasta bake with the two portions left. I boiled the pasta and mixed it in the meat with 30g cheddar cheese for one portion of hex a . The other portion I'm warning through for lunch today. Tea will based on the chicken breasts I've taken out of the freezer. Maybe marinated in yogurt and spices and served with rice and salad or roasted for simple roast dinner with veg. CANNOT wait for tomorrow as I've taken some CF Stew out to defrost!



This was tea one night but f SW sausage, boiled potato, peas and carrots and 4syns worth of gravy - lovely on a small plate! 
My pasta bake
I measured out two portions of HEXa cheese - what’s 1g between friends!!! 

I am writing this on my laptop but I might have some photos on my phone ( I did! See above )to add so I will check. I have nothing major planned socially so can just plough on eating healthily and eating well. I am trying to move more - which is so much easier the lighter I get and the less painful my joints get. 22 laps of the playground = a mile and now it's  getting lighter - as much as we can weatherwise we will be playing out at Night Owls so I will start to build it up! Maybe 2 laps a night at first! then three etc


I also will be looking at changing the layout and theme of this blog because I don't like it! 

STATS

Fasting from 8pm last night.....

Black tea and water so far


TTBLF - today going well so far! 

1 comment:

  1. Doing well.

    I think the drawing the line and moving on is more to do with not letting what had happened hold you back and stop you from moving on rather than making any excuses. It's to do with losing a battle doesn't mean we have lot the war. To be honest, I've never seen it as an excuse or giving permission.

    Your 'keep on trying' is the same thing really, I think, just using different wording. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Trying to be less fat, but with Covid

 For me - I failed to have the will power to do this!  Also I have two fonts on the go. This is Quicksand.  Also I have two fonts on the go....