Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sunday - well less said soonest mended!

No photos just words. 

No stats. 

 Breakfast - porridge - more than HEXb and made with milk and cream - oh dear 

Lunch - last of the swamp soup from the freezer with some cottage cheese stirred through - speed veg, good ish until I added the crust of the sour dough loaf and thickly buttered it - oh dear oh dear 

Tea - spaghetti bolognaise - 5% mince, all healthy all SW on plan, spaghetti, free food on plan but I had a bigger portion than I should have - pure greed and it’s laughable that I grated the HEXa allowance of Parmesan cheese on it 

Laughable because I made a rice pudding with full fat milk, double cream and clotted cream. 

 Had a small bowl of it. Small bowl was full to brim, AND I licked the serving spoon AND I scraped the skin from the edge of the dish it was made in ( chef’s perks - it’s the law ) 

Oh dear oh dear oh dear 


It’s back to school for me tomorrow. We’ve stayed in all day. It’s weigh in - the first for two weeks after the hen do and afternoon tea. 

The scales will say what the scales will say. It’s me that’s eaten ALL the things today! This blog is got me to be accountable. I think my mindset is changing a little as I’m trying my best to keep that inner voice of hatred and loathing at bay. What I’ve eaten today was tasty, home made and in no way am I going to sabotage myself because of it! 

We’ve been watching a Vera and the HG has just snored his way through the ending - I rarely guess it right - didn’ t get it tonight!!! 

Storm Franklin is raging and seems worse at my house than Eunice or Dudley. Maybe school will have blown away in the wind!! 

So it’s our Taster tomorrow at SW and the group turns out with AMAZING full dishes! I have options 

1. Take some campfire stew 

2. Take the rest of my bolognaise sauce

3. I’ve got out some Turkey breast steaks that I was going to fashion into a kind of risotto but with pearl barley instead.  

No recipe - as ever with me - it’s a chick it in and see. 

With a nod back to Joy’s comments re the source of recipes. Like she said there’s only so many ways you can combine foods into a dish and call it your own! I was keen to source the Pinch of Nom book as the basis for my version of the campfire stew. 

Generally if I am trying a new recipe from a book I will follow it to the letter but then I will alter it next time you o suit my tastes and store cupboard! 

It’s like I make My nanna’s rice pudding - but she will have got it from somewhere and when I ‘creed’ the rice I have no idea if that’s a correct technical term but she said that’s what I had to do so that’s what I do! I’m quite famous for baking Aunty Olive’s which are an old fashioned ginger snap biscuit that Aunty Olive used to make - I have the recipe in her handwriting - she probably got it from the bero book! 

I’m waffling on now.

So I have no plans for tomorrow beyond get up, get dressed, go to work. Fast until 10 ish as the nurture breakfast is at 10.10am on a Monday. 

Lunch will be left over bolognaise sauce with a jacket potato half and some salad and tea will be whatever goodies there are on the taster table. 

TTBLF efforts renewed tomorrow. I do t really do well setting targets but I’d like to be a little less lumpy in my posh frock at the wedding I’m going to at the beginning of April - that’s what I’m going for. 


Goodnight x

1 comment:

  1. Do you think it might be easier once you are back in the workplace? I used to find it so.
    Your food for today sounds absolutely wonderful, mind you. Really delicious! Just maybe not all on the same day next time? :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Trying to be less fat, but with Covid

 For me - I failed to have the will power to do this!  Also I have two fonts on the go. This is Quicksand.  Also I have two fonts on the go....