Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Mid week catch up

 How is it Thursday already? 

The lapse/relapse thing is quite the powerful tool and it has really clicked in my mindset. 

I’ll share a little more about the planning tools they talked about. But this is stuff that’s been widely out there for slimmers for ever. 

1. Plan an escape route - you do feel good when you are ‘clean’ - for me, this means NO secret eating of crisps and chocolate and bread etc all the beige food! 

So deep down because you already know how a binge will make you feel even as little as 5 minutes in to it have a plan there - a real touchable paper/visual that you can use. 

Write down a list of tasks/activities that you can easily do at a moments notice within your means. 

Eg it’s no good planning to go for a swim unless you’ve a private pool or you can be in the water in 30 seconds. 

The self talk around it is 

“I know this urge will pass, I will have the things I want now but I’m going to do x or y first. In 15 minutes if I feel the same, I’ll have the crisps. 

Things like washing up, hoovering/sweeping stairs, tidying out a drawer, polish the family silver! 

Classic paint your nails, brush teeth, face mask, have a shower

Ten minutes weeding

Puzzle books, read a chapter of a book , look through your SW book at successes, work out how long in minutes, hours, days to next weigh in , try on some of your clothes that don’t fit. 

After the task- decide - is the urge still there? Is it close enough to a mealtime? ( the amount of times I’ve binged before a meal, then eaten the salad like I’m St Rachel of Lettuce is uncountable. If the answer is yes to the first, do another task. It’s all about letting your adrenaline subside - that adrenaline that’s gearing you up for the actions. Make your meal and have you lunch at 10am. Who says you have to have lunch at noon? Try something different to break your habit. 

One that is hard and possibly dangerous to do would be to go lay out on the worktop, all the things you are planning to eat and be brutally honest. Leave that room. Do not go back until you are in control and the urge has passed. Now go look see at the damage you COULD HAVE caused. 

The ideas are limitless and you can no doubt come up with your own as like that dangerous one that just popped into my head!!!   - because it has to be something created by you for yourself. I’m going to do the dangerous one  next time I’m about to revert to the old ways. That’s a plan! 

The times of meals came to me because since doing the F8, it’s all about meals like meal 1 2 or 3 really. We call them breakfast lunch dinner tea supper because everyone does. That’s fine but for me it’s about trying to change a lifetime of being fat to being less fat! 

Meals I’ve enjoyed since my last post have been on the right track. 

I’ve taken some homemade meals out of the freezer and yesterday I had paprika pork with cauliflower rice and side salad and it was lovely. 



I felt full and again went for a light meal after work of boiled eggs! I did have 3 digestive biscuits with a brew later on - not checked the syns but very probably 3 per biscuit so still within my allowance. I didn’t want yogurt as I’ve found if I have dairy just before bed my mouth is horrible and claggy the next morning! I’ve also taken a small portion of the Cajun chicken dirty rice out of the freezer and hip hip hooray - some campfire stew! I may have it with cauliflower rice and some ribbon mix! 

Ribbon mix is what I call a little stir fry/salad of carrot, parsnip and courgettes peeled into ribbons with a veg peeler. 

So it’s 5.30am and I’m about to go make a cup of tea. I’ve a sore throat and a cough that’s come from nowhere. I may LFT but don’t feel covidey. There’s only 2 members of staff yet to get it at work. 


TTBLF ‘one minute at a time if that is what’s needed.’



1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you - this resonates.

    I do hope the sore throat is not going to bother you. Might be worth testing, just to be sure. xx

    ReplyDelete

Trying to be less fat, but with Covid

 For me - I failed to have the will power to do this!  Also I have two fonts on the go. This is Quicksand.  Also I have two fonts on the go....